I believe SmartWiFi is a great idea for bars, restaurants and other businesses. Run your loyalty program and customer discount offers on the WiFi that customers use in the establishment! I haven’t figured out the best service yet but here’s a few that are out there.
Pharo Social(video explaining concept and linking to Social Media)
Join my friends and clients at Moretti’s Edison Park (Northwest Side of Chicago) TONIGHT for the Live NFL Schedule Release show, hosted by Albert Breer, National Reporter, NFL Network and Boston’s 98.5 The Sports Hub. Join us for fun, food, drinks, special guests and live football commentary. Chicago is getting ready for the NFL Draft and the excitement is building all over the city!
~~ Elio’s Pizza encourages customers custom decorate their pizzas, shoot a pic and put it up on social media.
~~ That’s a fun idea for any pizzeria, and is sure to generate some interesting social media traffic. You could have people vote on the most creative design!
~~ Just get a squirt bottle of ranch dressing (strangely popular on pizza) as well as some tomato sauce and possibly some green chili sauce or some other colored decorative additions, that are compatible with pizza.
If you try it let me know how it works out! And feel free to reach out to us here at A-List to discuss great promotion and social media ideas. Cheers – Tim
~~ Imagine how thrilled we would have been 15 years ago if a customer had brought a camera to our restaurant, taken photos of our food and mailed the pictures to all their friends with a note on how delicious it was and what a good time they were having? #TBT
~~ So how NUTS are restaurant managers, owners, chefs and service staff to complain about people snapping food photos at dinner and sharing them?
Your “social media manager” or outside company is doing a horrible job if you see these things when you go on your social media pages:
1. Almost all posts are from you, your social media manager or company. Very few from your customers and staff.
2. Most everything in online photo albums is uploaded memes and few photos of your crowd or your bar.
3. Any photos of your bar/restaurant and crowd are from your opening party or before you opened.
4. No delicious looking photos of your food and beverages, taken in your establishment, rather than stock or studio photos.
5. Posting old corny jokes and “cartoons” that look like greeting cards or seem to predate the Internet.
6. No videos
7. Few or no posts relating to current events your customers are talking about.
8. Very few comments and shares from staff and customers.
9. You are only on Facebook and not other sites such as Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
10. You don’t have a social media marketing manager at all, in house person or out of house company. It’s just one of the operations managers’ dozens of jobs.
For more tips on jump starting your social media, reach out to us. Cheers!