~~ Imagine how thrilled we would have been 15 years ago if a customer had brought a camera to our restaurant, taken photos of our food and mailed the pictures to all their friends with a note on how delicious it was and what a good time they were having? #TBT
~~ So how NUTS are restaurant managers, owners, chefs and service staff to complain about people snapping food photos at dinner and sharing them?
I got a kick out of this Reddit featured on Thrillist where waiters recounted their strangest orders from customers. Here are the highlights from Thrillist. Here is the entire thread from Reddit, which contains some great lessons on how to turn weirdness from customers into sales and tips! Bon Appetit! — TTBG
Everyone bar does an “ugly sweater contest,” it’s getting kind of lame. But one of my favorite Chicago bars “Three Aces” recently came up with a fresh idea – a “Bad Santa” contest!
I would suggest “Bad Santa and Sleazy Elf” to add more costume ideas and get women more involved. Go!
A-List Marketing has been helping bars create and execute unique promotions that draw crowds for more than 15 years in over 40 venues of all types. Thousands of successful promotional events and continuing to innovate – reach out to us for more ideas!
Facebook wants to be your wallet, reportedly developing a system for allowing monetary transfers and eventually retail purchases directly through Facebook apps. Here are some of the features I expect to see in the new “Facebook Wallet”:
1. Everything you buy also belongs to Facebook.
2. You have to run two different apps, “Facebook Wallet” and also “Walletssenger,” one to pay the purchase price and one to pay the sales tax.
3. With Facebook Wallet, you can only make purchases at stores you visit at least weekly.
4. Every one of your friends can tag, rate and comment on each of your purchases.
5. You build up your credit rating for years, then Facebook Wallet will wipe out all your credit information without notice, and you’ll have to change your name and start over.
6. The price you pay for an item is determined by how many other people want it.
7. The list of stores where Facebook Wallet works changes daily without notification.
8. There’s no customer service phone number.
I’m sure I’m missing a few great ideas so feel free to send me some suggestions, and happy FaceShopping…
We have fun with “shot skis” at many of my clients’ locations. It’s a new twist on shots and makes celebrating even more of a group activity.
Someone needs to put a GoPro camera on a shot ski to get some great video “shots” – I might have to be the one to do that over the big TG holiday weekend!
Have a great Saturday Night and rest of your weekend — TimTheBarGuy