This is funny and true but they left one type out. “SIMPLIFY” where useful features are taken away in the name of “elegant design” or making a product “intuitive.” The true purpose is to steer the user into using the product in the manner most beneficial to the manufacturer rather than the customer. Or to save money in production. Or to mine user data. Or all 3.
~~ This cracked me up and has more than an ancient grain of truth! This hilarious site will generate a trendy “Brooklyn” bar name and menu with a click. This would also apply to our Chicago neighborhood Logan Square! Or anywhere “bison waffle with frightened sardine” would not be out of place on a menu.
~~ Thanks to Anne and Roger for passing this along.
~~ Top 5 Jesus “Chuy” Garcia Campaign Promises in the Chicago Mayoral Race
1. A chicken in every pothole ~~
2. Movember will be made an official city holiday ~~
3. Promises to remain Hispanic for his entire term ~~
4. Get rid of red light cameras, as well red lights ~~
5. Lower taxes and increase spending on popular programs… hey wait, sounds like he’s running for Congress!
7 Myths Held By Self-Improvement and HR/Management Gurus
(1) Overworked managers have not already performed 80/20 elimination of unnecessary tasks.
(2) Customers and employees are rational and fair-minded.
(3) Co-workers will not exploit your work/life balance to advance their own career.
(4) Companies have money to add staff for any reason other than increased customer demand for goods/services the company sells.
(5) You don’t need fear in management.
(6) Bosses allow workers and managers the freedom to re-prioritize.
(7) Customers are willing to pay more for good service.
Reality check. LinkedIN writers, I’m talking to you! Wishing all the best to everyone in the corporate world – I’ve been there! Cheers – Tim
Home of A-List Marketing, helping 100+ client bars, restaurants, music clubs, agencies + beverage brands increase their sales and profits.