Restaurants and other businesses are loading the monster new mobile game Pokemon Go to find out if their location is part of the game or near a spot which is a goal for players to visit. There’s no way to pay to be a location, but you can purchase “lures” within the game that attract the virtual creatures that inhabit the game, and thus attract real players that could be customers.
Read about this crazy popular game and how businesses are making themselves part of it here.
Join my friends and clients at Moretti’s Edison Park (Northwest Side of Chicago) TONIGHT for the Live NFL Schedule Release show, hosted by Albert Breer, National Reporter, NFL Network and Boston’s 98.5 The Sports Hub. Join us for fun, food, drinks, special guests and live football commentary. Chicago is getting ready for the NFL Draft and the excitement is building all over the city!
~~ Elio’s Pizza encourages customers custom decorate their pizzas, shoot a pic and put it up on social media.
~~ That’s a fun idea for any pizzeria, and is sure to generate some interesting social media traffic. You could have people vote on the most creative design!
~~ Just get a squirt bottle of ranch dressing (strangely popular on pizza) as well as some tomato sauce and possibly some green chili sauce or some other colored decorative additions, that are compatible with pizza.
If you try it let me know how it works out! And feel free to reach out to us here at A-List to discuss great promotion and social media ideas. Cheers – Tim
Your “social media manager” or outside company is doing a horrible job if you see these things when you go on your social media pages:
1. Almost all posts are from you, your social media manager or company. Very few from your customers and staff.
2. Most everything in online photo albums is uploaded memes and few photos of your crowd or your bar.
3. Any photos of your bar/restaurant and crowd are from your opening party or before you opened.
4. No delicious looking photos of your food and beverages, taken in your establishment, rather than stock or studio photos.
5. Posting old corny jokes and “cartoons” that look like greeting cards or seem to predate the Internet.
6. No videos
7. Few or no posts relating to current events your customers are talking about.
8. Very few comments and shares from staff and customers.
9. You are only on Facebook and not other sites such as Instagram, Pinterest, Snapchat, Twitter, etc.
10. You don’t have a social media marketing manager at all, in house person or out of house company. It’s just one of the operations managers’ dozens of jobs.
For more tips on jump starting your social media, reach out to us. Cheers!
Everyone bar does an “ugly sweater contest,” it’s getting kind of lame. But one of my favorite Chicago bars “Three Aces” recently came up with a fresh idea – a “Bad Santa” contest!
I would suggest “Bad Santa and Sleazy Elf” to add more costume ideas and get women more involved. Go!
A-List Marketing has been helping bars create and execute unique promotions that draw crowds for more than 15 years in over 40 venues of all types. Thousands of successful promotional events and continuing to innovate – reach out to us for more ideas!
Home of A-List Marketing, helping 100+ client bars, restaurants, clubs + beverage brands increase their sales and profits.